Thursday, May 18, 2006

Whoops!

Previous weight: 222.25 pounds as of May 15 (224.5 pounds on May 12)

Current weight: 221.75 pounds (May 18)
Body fat (Lifewise 63-1525 body fat meter): 31.8%

The handheld type meters are notoriously inaccurate, but I keep track anyway because at some point, even if they are inaccurate by 5% or so, it will show me results.

So I had this post written complaining about how I had only lost a half pound.

Erp.

That was since Monday!

I actually lost almost 3 pounds this week. I have been carefully tracking my foods, which can and does make a difference. I see when I'm getting close to my maintenance level on calories and I can stop eating then.

The difference is: when I stop eating, I'm not hungry now.

I apparently still have to learn how to tell my actual hunger from my wanting food because hey! Food is tasty!

Even though it does seem easier now to do that, it's still not perfect. For example, I ate way too much spaghetti last night because my wife can cook some great spaghetti.

But I stopped before I gorged myself. I could tell when I finished though, that I had eaten too much. Today, I can still tell I ate too much last night. It's almost 2 pm, and the only calories I've had today are the 2 TBSP of sugar in some water for my workout. With no hunger. At all.

Maybe I'm just fooling myself, but anecdotes like mine tend to discourage the idea that the effects from this diet are due solely to psychosomatics, placebo, expectation effect, or whatever you want to call it. It seems like I have just been expecting a plateau, and was ready to pounce when I thought I experienced it. I apparently am still waiting for this diet to fail, just like the others have eventually. Six weeks ties with Atkins for the longest I've been able to sustain a diet and associated weight loss.

This seems different though, even if I apparently don't truly believe it.


Technorati tags:












No comments: