Friday, June 30, 2006

Horses to water

Until yesterday, I had only told three people about Shangri-La. One was my wife, who tried the oil one day, had stomach problems, gave up.

The other was my sister. She has asked me for advice on weight loss a couple times in the past. I told her about Shangri-La and gave her my copy of the book. I haven't heard from her about it since. It's been 3 weeks.

The other was a coworker who wondered why I had given up lunch. I explained to him how I had no appetite for lunch any more. He suggested he might try it. Nothing. Then last week, he asked me if I was still doing Shangri-La. When I told him I was, and that I have lost 20 pounds, he asked me for details and said he needed to "do something". I filled him in. No word back.

Based on those experiences, I've been reluctant to tell anyone else. They look at you as if you are telling them that you've, in fact, been an alien from Zeta Reticuli all along, and your study is done so you're returning to the Mother Ship.

Yesterday, another coworker asked me how I've been losing weight. In fact, he has been asking me for the last 3 weeks. I told him I'd let him know when I lost enough to make him believe it works.

Well, I finally gave in. He was sitting with another coworker who has been trying to lose weight, and a third coworker joined us while we were talking.

And guess what?

They looked at me like I'd told them the secret was sacrificing virgins on the full moon and drinking their blood.

Sigh.

I wonder if they will be more willing to try it after I've lost another 20 and kept it off for several months?


Technorati tags:















No comments: