Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Unintended consequences

I work in a restricted access building. We have to submit our briefcases, bags, etc. to an x-ray machine before we can enter, in case of carrying weapons (or alcohol, we are a dry building).

This morning, the x-ray machine showed a nice, clear picture of the hot sauce bottle I carry my oil in. I got stopped because the guard thought I had a bottle of Corona in my lunch.

In the future, I can see having to explain myself when I travel on airplanes, or sitting at my desk taking shots of oil, so forth.

Technorati tags:














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miller,
I just posted a question over at SLD about your CPAP machine then I saw your blog here. I thought your experience with security was funny. I flew about three weeks ago and carried my Smart Balance oil in a zip lock bag and the easiest place to store it was in my carry on in the same compartment as my CPAP. The TSA screener took several samples of the inside of the compartment before she let me go. It was obvious she thought I had bomb making material in my bag.

Talk to you later over at SLD....

eharris