Monday, June 12, 2006

I've been overestimating my wine consumption

I ran the numbers last night. According to Fitday, the standard wine glass is 3.5 oz. We have 2 sizes of wine glasses that we use. We bought both after attending tastings at local wineries. One size looks huge, but apparently is only about 1 and a quarter times the size of the Fitday standard size.

I determined this by converting oz to ml. 3.5 oz is around 100 ml. There are 750 ml in a standard size wine bottle, so there are about 7 standard Fitday size glasses of wine in a standard bottle. So 2 people drinking half a bottle (together, not each) will get 1.75 glasses of wine. I've been thinking it was more like 3 Fitday size glasses. At 140 calories per Fitday size glass, I have been overestimating by nearly 200 calories.

Wine is much more of a calorie bargain than I've realized.

Technorati tags:















No comments: